Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm getting fuckin' pumped.

Ever since Jon suggested that we do the Art Lobe, I've been getting pumped.
Way pumped.
So as my pumpitude increases, I've been looking all over the net for equipment - reading reviews, checking prices, getting gear boners, etc. - and I've found that if you're doing online shopping, campmor.com has excellent fuckin' prices. Click on the title of this post to go there.
Also, because experience says that planning a trip early can help things go more smoothly, lets try to get a head count on who wants in and when people are available (Copeland, this means you) so that we can plan gear buying, working out, and all that shit accordingly. It would be fucking incredible if we could get a sizable group together for a truly bad-ass hiking/camping experience.


P.S.: Jon, I was wrong - for this season anyway - North Face tents are bullshit. Terrible, terrible reviews. So far, looks like Mountain Hardware is the way to go.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Sierra Trading Post isn't a bad site either, though they don't currently have any Mountain Hardware tents. There is some good rain gear there, though, and some badass commando sweaters.

copeland said...

I completely agree about early planning, especially this is a several day hike. My vacation in May is either the week of the 12th or the 19th - I'll have to double check. I have my little 2-man tent, and 2 backpacks if someone wants to use one. I also have a stove, lantern, some propane tanks. As soon as we know how many are going, we should start taking inventory.

Jon said...

I think that B and I are going in on a tent together. That with yours, Copeland, leaves us in a good place w/r shelter. We seem to be in a great position with the stoves, I believe. Chris has one, as does B. Assuming only four of us goes, then three might be overkill. But maybe we'll get some others. Anyway, if everyone carries a tank of propane with them, we should be set. A good thing to be on the lookout for is a solid walking stick. They sell treking poles, but those bastards are expensive. These are not essential, but would provide some nice support.